Did you know that an estimated 15-18 % of households are affected by head lice on a 2 yearly basis, with at least 10 times that number being exposed to head lice? Most parents dread receiving a letter from their child’s school warning them of a head lice infestation among the school. Parents no longer need to worry about using harsh chemicals and pesticides to try and rid their family of the infestation.
Paranix is the European market leader for head lice treatment products. The range offers superior head lice solutions for every need. The Paranix range is pesticide free range, which means less harmful chemicals on your child’s head. It works with natural ingredients to kill head lice, preventing any resistance to the product.
Paranix Eggs Locator Gel detects the nits (eggs) in the hair by colouring them red, in 2 minutes.The transparent red gel attaches specifically to the eggs, making them easily visible to the naked eye.It is precise and easy to use thanks to a special gel applicator. The gel does not stain hair and can easily be rinsed out. The gel can be used to either confirm an infestation or to confirm all lice and eggs have successfully been removed from the hair.
Paranix Spray is 100 % effective in removing head lice and eggs in one treatment of 15 minutes (including thorough combing). The product sprays on easily, without mess or fuss. The formulation is odourless and contains no insecticides. Paranix Spray has a dual action to combat head lice – dehydration and suffocation. Paranix products contain mineral oils that dehydrate head lice and eggs via solubilisation of the natural waxes of the louse epicuticle. This means that the ingredients in Paranix helps dissolve the protective outer layer of the head lice and their eggs, which leads to dehydration and suffocation of the lice and eggs.
Paranix Shampoo is 100 % effective in removing head lice and eggs in two treatments of 10 minutes (including thorough combing). Paranix Treatment Shampoo also uses the dual action to combat head lice – dehydration and suffocation but contains conditioning agents that help clean the hair. Remember that thorough combing with the steel tooth comb, included in the pack, is absolutely vital in removing lice and nits.
Paranix Repellent Spray is clinically proven to provide up to 24 hours of protection against head lice infestations. The convenient leave in spray can be applied on towel dried hair during an infestation to prevent re-infestation. The spray has a pleasant fragrance and is non greasy.
Paranix Repellent Spray contains the well-known repellent IR3535.
Paranix Protection Shampoo cleans and protects your child’s head against lice infestations. The convenient shampoo can be used instead of your or your children’s normal shampoo every 2-3 days during a known head lice outbreak to prevent an infestation. The pleasantly flavoured shampoo has a gentle formulation and is suitable for the whole family.
Check DRY hair for head lice using a fine toothed anti-lice comb
Brush to remove tangles, then check the hair lock by lock.
Check at the roots, behind the ears and in the nape of your child’s neck. After each use, carefully clean the comb in lukewarm, soapy water, so as to avoid any further infestation.
Apply Paranix spray
Head lice detected? Start the treatment immediately: Spray ENOUGH Paranix onto dry hair. Hold the spray approximately 10cm from the hair. Be sure to cover all the hair and the scalp.
Massage from the roots to the ends paying particular attention to the neck and behind the ears.
Leave the product on the hair for 15 minutes. This is vital for a successful treatment.
WASH your child’s hair
Apply a sufficient amount of the Paranix after treatment shampoo or a normal shampoo directly onto the hair without first wetting it. Shampoo thoroughly then rinse with water (avoid using cold water).Repeat the washing procedure.
REMOVE the head lice and eggs with a fine toothed anti-lice comb
Divide the WET hair in 4 sections. Start with one section.
Comb each hair lock thoroughly from the roots to the ends to be certain all eggs are removed.
Clean the comb after each lock to avoid re-infestation. Repeat until all sections are combed. The mean combing time varies according to the hair length: long hair +/- 30-35 minutes, medium long hair 25-30 minutes, short hair 15-20 minutes.
Repeat the treatment if necessary
After 7 days check the hair again. Repeat treatment with Paranix again if necessary.
Don’t forget to decontaminate the environment.
Check DRY hair lock by lock for head lice using the enclosed fine toothed anti-lice comb.
Check the roots, behind the ears and in the neck. After each use, carefully clean the comb in lukewarm, soapy water, so as to avoid further re-infestation.
Apply Paranix shampoo
Apply ENOUGH Paranix shampoo evenly onto DRY hair. Massage well from roots to tips and pay particular attention to the neck and behind the ears. Make sure the hair and scalp are completely saturated. Leave it on for 10 minutes. This is vital for a successful treatment.
WASH your child’s hair
Add sufficient water to the hair to work up foam. Wash and rinse the hair thoroughly. Be sure to rinse everything out.
Remove the head lice and eggs with the fine anti-lice comb
Before drying the hair, divide the hair in 4 sections. Start with one section and comb thoroughly with the Paranix anti-lice comb to remove lice and eggs. Clean the comb after each lock, to avoid re-infestation.
Repeat the treatment after 7 days.
After 7 days, repeat the entire treatment to ensure the life cycle of the lice is completely broken. Any eggs that could have hatched since the first treatment can also be eliminated.
When there is a lice infestation in your child’s school or play group spray Paranix Repellent Spray daily onto towel dried hair and comb through. Leave the spray on the hair for the full day and wash off at night. Use daily for the duration of the lice outbreak
When there is a lice infestation in your child’s school or play group use Paranix Protection Shampoo in replace of your normal shampoo every 2 -3 days. If your child has an infestation, remove head lice with Paranix Treatment options and then continue with Paranix Repellent spray. Paranix Protection shampoo is suitable for long term use and does not make the hair greasy.
2. prefer the warmest places on the human head, e.g., behind the ears or in the nape of the neck.
3. have nothing to do with hygiene. Head lice do not discriminate between short or long, or clean or dirty hair.
4. feed on human blood from the scalp up to four times a day.
5. bite through the scalp and inject a substance, saliva. This irritates the scalp and causes itching. do not carry diseases, but scratching can break the skin, leaving it open to infection cannot survive for longer than 2 to 3 days outside of hair.
6. can survive hair washing by gripping on tightly to hair, and closing the holes along the sides of their bodies through which they breathe.
7. cannot jump, hop, fly or swim.
8. reproduce very quickly. Female head lice can lay up to 10 eggs a day. The eggs are usually found near the hair root, close to the scalp. They are more difficult to remove. So, the earlier you detect head lice the easier you can get rid of them.
Female lice lay up to 10 eggs a day.
Eggs – After 7 days Nymphs – After 10 days
2. are transparent. This makes them difficult to detect in hair. Once they have fed, head lice turn brown-red. They lay their pearly-white eggs close to the scalp. In some cases you can find dead eggs, which are brownish in colour or empty egg cases, also known as nits, that are white and look a bit like dandruff.
3. The eggs hatch after 7 days. These ‘baby head lice’ are called nymphs.
4. After 10 days, nymphs become mature adults ready to lay eggs. Adult head lice live about 30 days. In that time, female head lice can lay 200 to 300 eggs.
2. Love schools. While playing children come into intense contact with each other. That is why children are affected by head lice more often than adults.
3. Can also be transmitted via a scarf, a helmet or a brush. You cannot become infested by eggs. Eggs do not move. Only head lice move.
2. Clinically proven.
2. Tie up or braid long hair.
3. Wear a swimming cap in the swimming pool.
4. Disinfect the area: wash the bedding at 60 °C. Vacuum the house and car, and then throw the bag away.